The girls had some baking fun yesterday making cakes after I was given a £15 off code to try out some of the Toppers from MyCupcakeToppers in exchange for a review of them.
After looking through MyCupcakeToppers site I picked out some lovely Minnie Mouse & Disney Prince Real Icing toppers (12 for £6) that I knew the girls would love.
For our Minnie Mouse & Disney Princess cakes the girls made a mix for 12 chocolate chip cakes each. They quickly got their mixes made up, poured into the cases and into the oven.. so they could lick the bowls of course!
We loved the cakes and all helped ourselves to a few since we made 24 in total. The real icing cupcake toppers were amazingly yummy, even the Mr who isn’t keen on cake toppers really enjoyed it and munched through quite a few cakes!
The real icing toppers are absolutely brilliant and the printing is amazingly clear, they make the girls messy (but tasty) cakes look lovely.
I will definitely be ordering again in future for special occasions. I love how many design choices were available on the site. If you can’t find a design you like you can upload your own images or fill out a form with details of what you would like and the in-house design team can see what they can do for you too!
Want to make some too? Check out our recipe below.
You will need:
110g(ish) Caster Sugar
110g(ish) Self-raising flour
1tsp(ish) Vanilla extract/flavouring
2ish handfuls of milk chocolate chips (plus a few to ‘test’)
1 tub of chocolate frosting
A pot of sprinkles you completely forget to add
1. Preheat oven 180°c. Cream butter and sugar and add vanilla extract. Beat in 2 eggs.
2. Fold in the flour & throw in the chocolate chips.
3. Fill 12 cases halfway and bake for 10ish minutes until brown.
4. Let cakes cool (and sit on your hands to stop yourself eating them warm) before adding the frosting.
5. Pop the Real Icing sheets in the oven (once it’s cooled/cooling so it’s just warm) until the icing is easily removed from the sheets.
6. Add toppers to your cakes and ENJOY!
What do you think of our recipe will you be trying it out or do you have one of your own we could try?
How lovely are the cupcake toppers? What design would you go for?